Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Can it be real?

It seems as though I have been waiting for this to happen forever. It wasn't until a year ago that I realized I had to actually try to MAKE it happen. Thankfully I did, and it has. I'm in. I am going to carry a little black US Diplomat passport once again. - this time as an employee and not as a dependent. Yay! In some ways it feels as though I am returning to the fold...but I am certain I will have a lot of rude awakenings ahead of me. Still...that beats the humdrum lifestyle of the corporate cubicle I have called 'home' for the last three years.

I start training in almost three weeks...by the end of July I will know where I am headed to. The big question will be how long I have to get there! Will I have time to finish school stateside or will I complete my degree correspondance style? I love these predicaments...

The pictures I have posted are pictures taken on my recent travels - Mexico, Kenya and Turkey...I can't wait to add more! New places, new experiences....this seems so right. Will I be saying that when I find out my post?

No comments: